Magento is one of the leading e-commerce platforms and Salesforce is #1 CRM service for both small and big business. So what will you get if combine two industry giants? The answer: an ultimate tool for leveraging sales and taking better care of the customers.
Magento and Salesforce: a closer look at both
Magento offers e-commerce entrepreneurs advanced functionality and high level of customization. The platform is tailored to process high traffic volumes and a big amount of data to deliver top-notch customer experience while keeping the sales up and running.
However, Magento does not have in-built features for filling in individual customer profiles, advanced segmentation, or comprehensive marketing activities. That’s where Salesforce steps in and helps businesses manage their customers in a more efficient and personalized manner.
Salesforce offers three-way help with customer-related business activities:
- Sales Cloud
- Marketing Cloud
- Service Cloud
Below are the benefits that each service brings to Magento upon integration:
This service automates sales by offering a range of supportive features:
- all-in-one customer profiles: Salesforce creates a rich profile for every customer and constantly adds new information to it.
- price books: Salesforce enables the transfer of a Magento catalog to the Price Book. This helps sales specialists better navigate through the vast product catalogs and instantly access product information.
- advanced analytics: sales specialists can get analytics for any data point with the help of numerous filters.
The system provides not only analytics but also accurate forecasts that are based on historical data.
It helps create multichannel marketing campaigns for the specific audience and track the results:
- multi-channel customer experience: for better customer reach, Salesforce provides marketers with email, social, and mobile studio.
- personalized customer journey: the service lets create a unique customer shopping journey for different customer segments and use different tools and techniques to lead the customer to conversion.
- better customer segmentation: since Salesforce allows advanced data filtering, marketers can better segment their audience and create campaigns that are specifically tailored to the needs of this audience.
This product allows better and more transparent management of clients’ cases and automation of certain processes for faster issue resolution:
- centralized information: the service keeps all customer’s data in one place and on one screen, helping agents instantly access it.
- instant phone calls: Salesforce offers integration of telephony with a computer. Thus, agents can call the clients without leaving the console.
- efficient task distribution: since all activities are kept in one place, agents can change their status and indicate whether they are ready for a new task. This enables an equal workload and contributes to a smoother working process.
While some businesses use the two platforms separately, it’s better to integrate Salesforce in Magento for smoother work and better time and resource management (e.g. using Zapier or in any other way).
Below you will see several Onilab case studies on successful Magento Salesforce integration.
Case #1: Increased personalization and better customer experience
Our client is a European company that sells sterling silver jewelry both online and in physical stores. With the average monthly income of $3.2 million per month, the company constantly handles the massive load of customer orders.
The client wanted to provide its customers with more personalized shopping experience in order to increase sales and build long-lasting relationships. Even though the company already used a CRM service, it did not deliver the needed solution so the client addressed us with a request to find and integrate a comprehensive service.
Challenge: increase personalization and provide a better shopping experience.
Marketing Cloud by Salesforce turned out to be a perfect solution for the client.
Upon the integration, we transferred the clients’ data from Magento to Salesforce to get full customer profiles for existing and new customers. Then we created a step-by-step plan on how to achieve the set goals by using the available Salesforce tools.
Step 1: Use Salesforce Data Management Platform for customer segmentation
The Salesforce DMP collects the data from all customer touchpoints/interaction with the store and provides deep insight into the audience.
With the help of the DMP, our client determined its target audience as females between 21-40 years old who make at least one purchase in 1-2 months and are active on social media (Instagram and Facebook).
Step 2: Use Advertising Studio to launch ads on Facebook and Instagram
The Advertising Studio helps create highly personalized ads on social media platforms, depending on the customers’ previous purchases.
The client launched two different campaigns on Facebook (for new and existing customers) and one campaign on Instagram.
The Facebook campaigns increased the traffic to the site by 2.4% and delivered the overall number of 25 000 impressions. The Instagram campaign resulted in 3.7% more website visitors and 21%of the Instagram leads made a purchase in the store.
Step 3: Use Journey Builder to lead shoppers towards conversions
Magento has built-in options for recommended products, upsells, and cross-sells. To raise awareness about these products and get more exposure, we used the Journey Builder to let people know about these products and make sure they receive a personalized experience.
The journey for new customers looks as following:
- users receive an email with top product picks and a 10% discount on the first purchase.
- once they visit the site and make a purchase, the system adds their action to the database and marketer can see what kind of products the user may be interested in.
- after 1 week from the purchase, the customer receives another email with products that are recommended based on the previous purchase.
- as well, the shoppers receive regular updates on the new arrivals and sales via the email or push notification.
The channel of communication is determined with the help of the Interaction Studio.
For the existing customers, the journey starts from the email with product recommendations, based on their order and browsing history.
The integration of Salesforce Marketing Cloud with Magento led to amazing results.
After three months of using Marketing Cloud, the client saw:
- 7.15% rise in sales,
- 13.5% decrease in cart abandonment rate,
- 1.3% increase in conversions.
Magento-Salesforce integration automated and centralized most of the marketing processes and let the client focus on further development and resolve the current tasks faster and more efficiently.
Case #2: Omnichannel client support
The client is a footwear retailer who manages over 4 000 orders every month. Launched in the UK, the company quickly took over Europe and is now aiming to expand the market and reach a new audience in the USA.
Significant growth of the company in the last four years called for a better customer management system and more
efficient customer service. The company needed to handle the overwhelming number of customer requests and
provide every client with high-quality support.
Challenge: provide omnichannel client support and improve service quality
To leverage the performance and boost customer experience, we suggested Salesforce Service Cloud integration.
We have worked with the client before and helped migrate the store to Magento 2. Throughout our work, we already integrated a number of third-party services to Magento, including Elastic Search and Oracle Responsys, so the client trusted us with another integration. After carefully reviewing the available options, we chose Salesforce as the most suitable service for the client’s needs.
Step 1: Cover all necessary communication channels
The main communication channels of our client are the website, social media, mobile. To ensure an equally high level of communication and support, we used the Omni-Channel feature that Salesforce provides. This option brings all points of interaction together and distributes the tasks to the agents, based on the previously set rules.
Step 2: Use bot for faster service
In e-commerce, service agents deal with a great number of routine and simple tasks like informing clients on the order status or giving information about a product. This takes time and resources and slows the whole service process down.
To solve the issue, the client used the Salesforce Einstein Bot. The bot can give information on the orders and their status and help shoppers navigate the store.
The use of Einstein Bot significantly increased the overall customer satisfaction by 17.5%.
Step 3: Automate micro-processes
As a busy e-commerce store, our client constantly deals with shoppers’ requests for support which demands a lot of time from the service agents.
Our client often faced a situation when the system had many similar cases. The resolution of such cases one by one consumed too much time. To handle the issue, the client used the Salesforce automation tool that lets the agents answer to a bunch of similar cases in bulk, simultaneously solving them all.
As well, Salesforce automates the process of approving discounts and incentives for the customers and saves time both for the agents and managers.
Salesforce helped our client manage the support processes in a more efficient manner that led to growing customer satisfaction and resulted in better engagement.
Since the integration of Salesforce 8 months back, the client got:
- 21.78% faster service performance,
- 8.9% higher customer engagement,
- 0.7% increase in conversions.
Salesforce integration is a must-have for middle-size and big businesses who have an extensive client base and want to deliver premium customer experience by keeping all processes well-organized and in one place.
Contact us to connect your Magento 2 store with Salesforce – it’s about time to grow your conversions and add more personalization to delight your shoppers.